Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Lake Seminole


Oh the memories of my youth
they often visit me
Friends and lovers in their prime 
still vibrant and so free...

Sometimes they make me smile for days 
when one leaps from the shelf 
An awkward moment from that time
I shared with no one else...

They're from so many years ago
a lifetime in a flash
Sometimes a scene still saddens me 
and tears on paper splash...

Those were amazing days back then
the people made them great
A loyal strong fraternity
was never soiled with hate...

Sometimes we'd gather in a crowd
a fire by the lake
The music always filled the air
and friendships we would make...

And as the evening drifted on
we'd quench our thirsty soul
Lovers danced and slipped away
when passions took control...

Yes, they're all still here with me 
and hidden in my heart
A thousand mental photographs
from years and worlds apart...

All Rights Reserved Jon Arno 2017



Music by Gary Girouard


No comments:

Post a Comment