Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sweetest Dream


Awakened by the morning sun
the curtains pulled away
The sweetest dream I've had in years
and smiles to greet my day...

I dream't that I was back in school
my friends were all still there
The simple life we knew and loved
and not a single care...

Walking down the corridors
the ringing of the bell
The chair I sat in History
and Mrs. Jane Kanell...

Caroline was beautiful
I liked her very much
The day she checked the little box
my heart I felt her touch...

William never said alot
he put things on the shelf
Lisa always raised her hand
she couldn't help herself...

Recess was the great escape
a chance to stretch our wings
Every day our little group
would share so many things...

My oh my those were the days
how quickly time passed by 
And then one day we raised our hand 
and said our last goodbye...

All Rights Reserved Jon Arno 2016



Music by John Fluker

No comments:

Post a Comment