Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Three Little Roses


A long ways from home
and I’m missing her so
I look out the window 
the rain turns to snow

I think of her smile
her soft gentle touch
She’s all that I've wanted
I love her so much

I called up the florist
in our little town
Please take her some roses
when out on your rounds

The Florist was sorry
she had only three
If you’ll pay the shiping
the roses are free

I asked for a card
to send her a note
My Darling I miss you
is all that I wrote

The driver delivered
the roses at noon
He added a vase
and a yellow balloon...

She smiled when she opened
the living room door
Oh my, they are lovely
that man I adore...

She sat in her chair
and stared for a while
The three little roses
brought many a smile...

All Rights Reserved Jon Arno 2016



Music by Gandalf

No comments:

Post a Comment